What is the INCLUDICON Pledge?
The INCLUDICON pledge is a promise made by convention coordinators to affirm their commitment to the INCLUDICON ideals, following which they may claim the title of INCLUDICON and display the “OFFICIAL INCLUDICON” badge on their website and marketing media so everyone knows their dedication to creating and maintaining a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment for attendees regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, place of origin, age, size, appearance, or any other potential point of discrimination (except where appropriate for the convention in question – not allowing children into an adults only convention is not considered discrimination, for example, nor is charging admission to an event).
By submitting the form below you promise do your best to adhere to the following ideals and principles:
- My convention or event will be a safe environment people can attend without fear of harassment, discrimination, prejudice, intolerance, or bigotry.
- My convention or event will be a welcoming environment for people of all genders, races, ethnicities, sexual identities, religions, socioeconomic statuses, appearances, fandoms, sizes, places of origin, political views, and ages (except where fundamentally inappropriate, such as the exclusion of children from an ADULTS ONLY event).
- I will treat everyone at my show with respect.
- If anyone reports feeling unsafe, discriminated against, pressured, or uncomfortable due to the actions or words of anyone at my convention or event I will investigate the situation and deal with it in a manner that is fair and just to everyone involved, contacting authorities or removing people from the event if necessary.
- I understand the INCLUDICON Pledge is not a substitute for my event’s own Code of Conduct and that the administrators of my event are solely responsible for maintaining and enforcing the event’s rules and policies.
- I understand the INCLUDICON administrators may revoke my event’s INCLUDICON status at any time if it is determined I am not doing my best to live up to the ideals espoused in this pledge.